Monday, June 28, 2010

Exercise Regiment

The exercise regiment to be followed is quite simple in my opinion.

Monday - Sprinting. Swimming, running, or biking.
Tuesday - Strength training. Body weight, sandbags, kettlebells, and barbells.
Wednesday - 'Off'. If needed, a rest day. But take advantage of the day to play, practice sports, hiking, etc.
Thursday - High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT). Various forms of interval training or complexes will be used here to kick my ass.
Friday - See Wednesday.
Saturday - See Tuesday.
Sunday - See Friday.

Some general points:
- No workout will last longer than 45 minutes, most will be under 30, including rest time. This doesn't mean I can sit on the couch in front of the tv the rest of the day. Take the dog for a walk, go swimming, play tennis, dance, do anything to remain active, even if it seems small.

- Nothing is carved in stone. If I get the offer to go on a hike with someone or something, my workouts can be pushed til later, or just not done that day. Fun and community are more important than lifting weights. As long as the offer keeps me active, my workouts can take a back seat for the day. If they get done, they get done. If not, not.

- Do workouts outside! Do them early in the morning, before it's hot, but when the sun is out and I can bask in the sunlight.

- Workouts are short, and there are only four actual workouts a week...work hard. Go intense. Make myself want to cry at the end haha. It'll be over in just a few minutes, with long lasting benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment