Monday, June 28, 2010

Nutrition

This is just a basic run down. For more detailed info, go to marksdailyapple.com or read Mark Sisson's book, The Primal Blueprint.

It is a high-fat, moderate-high protein, and low-carbohydrate 'diet'.

Foods Allowed
- Meats, fowl, seafood, eggs, and organ meats. All day, everyday.
- Vegetables, cover your plate. Non-starchy veggies (potatoes). Sweet potatoes are allowed in moderation.
- Fruits/berries, eat til your hearts content.
- Oils (olive, coconut, palm) and saturated fats, ie butter.
- Nuts/seeds. Minus peanuts and cashews (which are technically a legume [bean])
- Dairy (minus butter) in moderation.
- In moderation, wild rice, chocolate, and alcohol.

Foods Not Allowed
- Grains, including corn.
- Legumes or beans.
- All processed foods.
- Soy.
- Trans fats and high-fructose corn syrup.

Some of this may not make any sense to those who haven't read the above listed blog or book. I will eventually, over the course of time, through multiple, single-subject posts, cover all this. But I highly recommend everyone reads Mark Sisson's work.

All I will drink is water. And alcohol on occasion (I drink on very rare occasions anyways).

I also believe in intermittent fasting. Most days, I wont eat til noonish. I don't like eating in the AM as it is. Some days I will fast most the day. Or all day. At the end of the week, I will make my calorie needs for that week (which studies have shown is the important thing, and that six meals a day does not have a significant effect on metabolism, overall calories matters more).

No comments:

Post a Comment